Dogwood Blooms


Dogwood Blooms are among the prettiest! I love to clip a few branches to freshen the house every spring. These particular blooms are from the Florida variety, which are presently in bloom. My favorite is the Kousa dogwood that blooms the week of my birthday- the first week in May. They have a much darker green foliage and have creamy white saucer size blooms!! Another big plus is that they are more disease resistant than the Florida variety.  My family planted a Kousa in our backyard for my birthday several years ago, and curiously, up through the middle of the Kousa, a Florida variety began to grow. The trees are fused together and these are the branches from the Florida. I love the presentation in these re-purposed thermos liners sitting in custom metal stands.
Will share the Kousa blooms in early May:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment